Static Motion (Pty) Ltd was established in 2016 in Pretoria, South Africa, and provides consulting engineering and management services in the transportation industry. The quest to estimate static axle loads from dynamic (weigh-in-motion) measurements inspired the company name. It communicates the company’s key interest in static weighbridge operations and weigh-in-motion of vehicles. Its founder and managing director, Gerhard de Wet, personally oversees or executes all projects. He is a registered Professional Engineer with 20 years experience as a WIM consultant.
Static Motion is driven by the following values:
- Excellence – the drive for perfection and quality, delivering projects first-time-right, on time and in a professional manner
- Innovation – to continuously explore opportunities to produce something unique and elevating, and to develop leading ideas that distinguish the company, its projects and its clients
- Integrity – to earn the trust of clients, peers and contractors through honest, unbiased and responsible engineering
- Legacy – to pay tribute to the legacy of the great minds that paved the way, and to leave a lasting impression on the industry for the future
Static Motion provides a full range of WIM consultancy services. These include technical specifications for procurement of WIM services, site selection and inspections, contract management, data processing, WIM calibration, data quality assessment as well as research. We use in-house software for routine monthly processing of WIM data (about 70 WIM traffic lanes).
The following on-going projects are highlighted:
- N3 Toll Route Overloading Management System
- Bakwena Toll Route WIM quality management
- TRAC N4 Maputo Corridor WIM data quality assessment
- Research project for SANRAL (South African National Roads Agency) on overload control process and technology, including the possibility of direct enforcement using WIM
Contact details of industry references are available on request.
Menlyn Corporate Park
175 Corobay Avenue, Waterkloof Glen
Pretoria, South Africa 0181
Gerhard DE WET
+27 82 853 4674