- To provide an international platform showing recent developments in WIM technologies, applications, operations, standards and research,
- To facilitate the meeting of users, vendors and researchers from different countries to share and exchange experiences with the use of WIM systems and WIM data,
- To show the status quo in WIM sensor technology and the implementation of WIM systems through an exhibition of WIM vendors and a technical tour to operational WIM sites.
The seminar will cover most of the topics concerning Weigh-in-Motion (WIM):
- Recent advances in WIM systems, sensors, applications, implementation, operation and testing,
- Practical experiences with the implementation and operation of WIM systems and use of vehicle mass data in Sub-Saharan Africa for different applications,
- Use of WIM data for pavement and bridge engineering, preselection for weight enforcement, direct enforcement and tolling by weight,
- Use of mass information in innovations in road transport logistics, Performance Based Standard (PBS), Road Transport Management System (RTMS) and Intelligent Access Program (IAP)/Smart infrastructure Access Policies (SIAP).